Re: How to prevent double X pastes?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: How to prevent double X pastes?
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 01:11:53 +0000

No success.

    > My /etc/X11/xorg.conf file:
    >
    >   Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
    >   Driver          "mouse"
    >   Option          "CorePointer"
    >   Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
    >         Option            "Protocol"              "PS/2"

    Try removing that.  /dev/input/mice already functions as a multiplexer
    for all mouse events in the system.

I tried, as a different user, starting from a different virtual console
and starting X (with an Enlightenment window manager, as I normally
have).  In the cases where X started, I pasted doubles from `emacs -Q
-D' to an xterm as before.

I could start X when I had everything in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file
except that I changed /dev/psaux to /dev/input/mice.  That section
looked like this:

        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
#       Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"

Similarly, I could start X when I commented out most parts of that
section but left the Driver as "mouse".

        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
#       Option          "CorePointer"
#       Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
#       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
#       Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"

Those gave me doubles.

I could not start X when I commented out those options plus the driver
or those options plus the driver plus the identifier.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden