Re: Removing MULTI_KBOARD

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Removing MULTI_KBOARD
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:21:30 +0300

> From: "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 01:34:54 -0400
>
> The fact that he ultimately went along with the change, rather than
> undoing it, argues that removing the no-MULTI_KBOARD code was a good
> change.

Actually, the main reason is that I have a great deal of respect for
other people's work, and would not consider undoing it except as the
very last resort.

When I said I didn't know whether MULTI_KBOARD had a significant part
in having me invest many-many hours in bringing the DOS port back to
life, I really meant it.  There were two large merges to struggle
with -- unicode-2 and multi-tty -- and many smaller changes, one of
them MULTI_KBOARD.  Trying to understand how many percents each one
contributed to the plight would be a complete waste of my time.