Re: Release plans

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:37:12 -0400

The decision on whether to include a dynamic linker in Emacs
does not directly affect users' freedom.  (It doesn't change the license.)
What is affects is which changes we facilitate and which changes we don't.

The case of XRefactory and its harmful effects on CEDET illustrate the
kind of harm I'm trying to avoid.  It also shows that we cannot
totally avoid such problems.  But opening a convenient door for making
them is likely to mean more of them.  I want to have less of them.