Re: svn and smerge-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: svn and smerge-mode
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:36:59 +0900

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>  > No, if smerge-mode is causing information loss without user action that
>  > should be fixed.
>
> Clearly it wasn't without user action.  I think it should only enabled by
> default if it is the only natural choice.  If that's what you mean by "fixed",
> then that may not always be possible.

It seems a natural choice when there are conflict markers..

If you're having problems because you explicitly used smerge-mode
commands, then why not just stop using those commands?  Why does smerge
have to be disabled (after all, even if you don't use any smerge
commands at all, the syntax highlighting behavior is quite useful)?

[Of course if your problems stemmed from _bugs_ in the smerge commands,
then those bugs should be fixed too.]

-Miles

--
Logic, n. The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the
limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.