RE: Emacs 22.2.91 pretest

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs 22.2.91 pretest
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:12:09 -0700

> > Thanks.
> >
> > How about also having at this URL a zip archive that
> includes the src directory?
>
> The src is in the parent directory, as stated in the README.

Sorry, but I don't see that stated anywhere in the README (perhaps I need a
little more coffee this morning?). In one place it says "download the source
distribution", but I don't see that it mentions where to do that.

Also, the README says "the Windows binaries are provided in several
combinations, ranging from the complete source plus executables..." I don't see
that first combination: complete source plus executables.

Also, the parent directory has no zip files, which is what many Windows users
might expect.

Also, FWIW, I tried downloading emacs-22.2.91.tar.gz from the parent dir by
clicking its link (in IE 6), but WinZip complained after downloading ("Error
reading header after processing 0 entries), and I ended up with an empty archive
(nothing to extract). I had to instead right-click the link, choose Save Target
As, change the default name from *.tar.tar (?) to *.tar.gz, save, and then open
the saved *.tar.gz archive - that works. Dunno if this is a WinZip problem or
something else, but other Windows users might run into the same issue.