Re: Crash displaying byte-code

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Crash displaying byte-code
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:25:37 +0200

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 13:35, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:

> I can consistently reproduce this crash, though it is perhaps a bit
> specific to my compiler setup, etc.
>
> emacs -Q
> M-x ielm <RET>
>
> then type
>
> (let ((standard-output (current-buffer)))
>  (setq unibyte-display-via-language-environment t)
>  (set-buffer-multibyte nil)
>  (backtrace))

[Full details at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-08/msg00236.html]

As far as I can determine (git bisecting the Emacs sources is a real
PITA), the crash started happening after this change:

2008-04-09  Jason Rumney  <address@hidden>

        * w32term.c (w32_compute_glyph_string_overhangs): Compute overhangs
        for new font backend and composite cases.

Reverting that change still fails, though. (There's been many commits
to font code after this change, and some of them surely depend on it.)

 Juanma