Re: Visual line movement inconsistency

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Visual line movement inconsistency
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:46:06 +0900

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
> But is this inconsistent behavior of C-n/C-p and C-a/C-e really the
> intended default?  I think it would be better if C-a/C-e respected the
> value of `line-move-visual', too.  Then the default would be like
> visual-line-mode without word-wrapping.

It was discussed and the current behavior seemed to be the consensus
choice.

I agree that it can be confusing, but I think it's much more dangerous
to change the default behavior of C-a/C-e, because people depend a lot
more on their precise behavior (whereas C-n/C-p are more often used in
conjunction with visual feedback).

-Miles

--
Alliance, n. In international politics, the union of two thieves who have
their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that they cannot