Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:19:57 +0100

Jason Rumney wrote:

> However, someone submitted a patch some time ago to move files to the
> desktop's trash which works on Windows and with the common convention
> used by Gnome, KDE and Mac OSX. To use it you need to set
> `delete-by-moving-to-trash'.

Ah. :-)

Mind you, it doesn't seem to work right at all on my system.   Seems to
be making a MacOSX-style .Trash dir* and then sometimes decides to add
hundreds of duplicate entries until a "Variable binding depth exceeds
max-specpdl-size" hits.   So, probably a bug or two, then.

* which, btw, I don't think is a common convention with MacOSX in this
case? GNOME Nautilus / KDE Konqueror / XFCE Thunar all seem to use the
fd.o specced trash scheme (.trashinfo undelete data etc.)