RE: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:28:31 -0700

> > [BTW - I am astounded that Lennart, who is no newbie, just
> > discovered the default behavior and doesn't use Dired much.
> > I can't imagine using Emacs without Dired. Perhaps it's
> > related to using Viper?]

Juanma> FWIW, I've been using Emacs for about eleven years
Juanma> (not much, by this standards, but still, no newbie)
Juanma> and I rarely use Dired. (I never use Viper.) Most
Juanma> file management operations I do from a shell (using the
Juanma> proprietary 4NT, now TCC).

Alan> Hah!  I don't use dired at all (except by accident,
Alan> when I curse for having to type C-x k to get rid of it).
Alan> I do file manipulation in a bash session on a different
Alan> virtual terminal.

Ah, yes. If you work in a shell buffer much of the time, that's understandable.

And I didn't mean to imply that someone who doesn't use Dired much is somehow
not using Emacs correctly. I would be surprised though if most Emacs users don't
use Dired much.

I mainly meant that I was surprised that Lennart was unaware of the default
deletion behavior. Nothing important intended by my "BTW".