Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?

From: Phil Jackson
Subject: Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:43:15 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Is not that then a shortcoming of GNU/Linux compared with Windows?
>
>> No with GNU/Linux you have choice. My system works exactly the way I
>> want it and not the way any corp. wants it to.
>
> That's kind of missing the point.  It also verges on rubbing salt into
> the wound.
>
> You need, somehow, to become aware of this "choice" before doing
> irrevocable damage.  I don't think Lennart would now be unhappy if
> something in Dired had made him aware of what he was about to do.

I think you misunderstand, this (now way off topic) conversation came
about when Lennart talked about having some sort of global trash can
interface. I was trying to state that you can't make assumptions about
that sort of interface in GNU/Linux that you can with Windows and OSX.

Cheers,
Phil
--
 Philip Jackson