Re: [Patch] Behavior of dired when there already is a dired buffer of th

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: Re: [Patch] Behavior of dired when there already is a dired buffer of the same directory
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 03:26:36 +0200

That only checks for tramp/similar file handling. I don't think we can check for the underlying file system in an OS-independent fashion (gvfs, mounts ... are all ways of making remote files look like regular files). Maybe a solution would be to provide an option to automatically refresh, with a regexp list of files to ignore ? (which could be set to e.g. ("^/media/cdrom", ".gvfs"))
2008/9/1 Lennart Borgman (gmail) <address@hidden>
Antoine Levitt wrote:
> anyway). Is there a reliable way to know if accessing a file is fast and
> side-effects free ? If there is, dired could hook to

file-remote-p