Re: Release plans

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:25:27 -0700

Richard M. Stallman wrote:
    The declaration of intent to refuse (aka "ban") helps give
    XRefractory a business plan (because the same ban makes life harder
    for less speculatively funded competitors like CEDET).

That's just speculation, and I don't find it convincing.

Is that a pun?   I mean, if my comments are speculation
they are speculation about how people speculate...

The general principle I've expressed rests on pretty
uncontroversial assumptions:   feature bans help
protect a barrier to entry for anyone who manages to
work around them;  barriers to entry are one of the
key things that venture funders and similar investors
look for in software firms.

-t