Re: Rmail-mbox branch

From: Evil Boris
Subject: Re: Rmail-mbox branch
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 07:53:39 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Current Rmail doesn't keep the file in mbox format, but in Babyl.
> Decoding as I suggested leaves a valid Babyl file, yes.

I guess one can imagine a part whose decoding would introduce Babyl msg
separators, but I digress.

> Pmail will hold the original mbox (undecoded) format, so such decoding
> will not affect it in any way.  The decoded text lives only as long as
> the message is displayed.

I did not realize that a decision was made to separate the presentation
from the mbox format, in Rmail/mbox.  I recall a discussion about this
on emacs-devel, but did not remember the outcome.

This makes at least that objection go away.  Thanks.

--Boris