Re: Rmail-mbox branch

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Rmail-mbox branch
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:41:18 -0400

    Emacs 23 isn't ready for release, either.  So Pmail will not delay its
    release in any way, I think.

I hope that is true, but it's a different question.  Rmail in Emacs 23
does work, and Pmail doesn't work well enough yet.  I can say that
with assurance because I just tried it for a couple of days.

People who want to try Pmail can already do so.
It should not replace Rmail yet.

With luck in a few of weeks it will be much better than it is now.