Re: CVS Emacs on Windows XP takes 60 seconds to start

From: Francis Litterio
Subject: Re: CVS Emacs on Windows XP takes 60 seconds to start
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:14:47 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I have one more request, assuming you can run Emacs under a
> debugger: with the above condition enabled (i.e. revert the code to
> what it is in the CVS), can you please verify that lookup_account_sid
> is called by `stat' exactly twice during startup: once for the user
> who owns the Emacs installation tree (probably you), and one more time
> for the primary group of that user.

I did that, though I took a more crude approach than using a debugger: I
added an fprintf() call to the end of lookup_account_sid() to display
the "Name" and "DomainName" being returned.

When I run "emacs -q" or "emacs -Q", lookup_account_sid() is called
twice.  The first call returns my user ID and domain name.  The second
call returns the Name "Administrators" and DomainName is NULL (I assume
this references the Local Administrators group).  However, that is _not_
my primary group.

When I exit Emacs, there is a third call to lookup_account_sid().  It
returns the Name "Domain Users" and the DomainName "CORP", which _is_ my
primary group.

> Thanks for working on this.

No problem.
--