Re: `C-h f' doesn't show file where function comes from

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: `C-h f' doesn't show file where function comes from
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:25:00 +0900

>> Thank you for the followup.  I tested it with Emacs that was
>> checked out from the CVS trunk this early morning (in Japan,
>> i.e., about 10 hours ago) and built with `make bootstrap'.  Are
>> the other informations necessary?

> Yes, if you still see the bug.

>> BTW, does the file name that
>> provides the `widget-button-press' function appear in the *Help*
>> buffer for the `C-h f' command in your system?

> It does so here - I get the same results (on Windows) as Francis
> Litterio.

Hm, it relates to where to install Emacs?  Ok, I checked out
the trunk in a certain directory, copied it to /tmp/yamaoka by
performing

  tar cf - emacs| (cd /tmp/yamaoka; tar xf -)

and did `make bootstrap' there.  (I.e., I made no changes in
the files and directories that were checked out.)  The configure
options for building Emacs were:

  --verbose --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-xim

And then `make install' installed Emacs to the directories:

  /usr/local/bin/
  /usr/local/share/emacs/23.0.60/
  /usr/local/libexec/emacs/23.0.60/
  /usr/local/info/

Note that /usr/local/ and /local/ are identical in my system
(/usr/local/ is a symlink to /local/).

Regards,

P.S. I'll be absent till Monday.  Sorry.