Does with-selected-window set current buffer?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Does with-selected-window set current buffer?
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 22:01:17 +0200

I am trying to understand if with-selected-window sets current buffer to
the selected window.

with-selected-window calls select-window. The doc string for
select-window makes me a bit confused. At the end of it is a notion that
the command loop selects the buffer of selected window.

Does that mean that select-window does not select that window? Or what
is the comment about?

The reason I am asking is that I have recently seen some cases where I
use with-selected-window in a timer and it looks to me like the code has
been carried out in the wrong buffer. I am not sure yet what is
happening though.