Re: Requesting bzr repository of emacs on savannah

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Requesting bzr repository of emacs on savannah
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 10:44:28 +0300

Phil Hagelberg wrote (2008-09-05 09:57 -0700):

> René Kyllingstad <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > http://www.google.com/trends?q=bzr,hg,git
>
> While I don't deny that bzr is less popular than git and mercurial,
> Git and Hg are both words with many meanings, while bzr is a unique
> term. Notice that of the six top news results shown for "hg" and
> "git", only one of them is actually related to a version control
> system; the rest are all different meanings for the term.
>
> So linking to that graph is very misleading.

Debian Popularity Contest seems to be better for measuring the
popularity of DVCS tools. Statistics for bzr, git and hg below.

The number of installs:

    http://tinyurl.com/646j4n [1]

The number of people who use the tool regularly (i.e., run the
executable files of the .deb package):

    http://tinyurl.com/63ukt6 [2]

Complete URLs:

[1]