Re: Requesting bzr repository of emacs on savannah

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Requesting bzr repository of emacs on savannah
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 16:00:59 +0300

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote (2008-09-06 14:31 +0200):

> Teemu Likonen wrote:

> > Debian Popularity Contest seems to be better for measuring the
> > popularity of DVCS tools. Statistics for bzr, git and hg below.

> >     http://tinyurl.com/646j4n [1]

> >     http://tinyurl.com/63ukt6 [2]

> What people are included in this graphs? Is it debian users mostly, or?

Basically it's only Debian users but it may also include some other
distributions which are based on Debian. I think Ubuntu has their own
popularity contest system so Ubuntu may not be included in these
statistics. If user has chosen to participate (the installer asks about
it) Debian systems send weekly and automatically this package install
and usage information to Debian servers. For more info:

    http://popcon.debian.org/