Re: how to promote the new font backend?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: how to promote the new font backend?
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 14:45:26 +0900

address@hidden writes:
>> What kinds of issues? They might indicate a bug.
>
> - I wasnt able to increase the fontsize beyond a certain limit using
>   incdec-buffer-face-height.
>
> - reading mail in gnus, certain characters became octal escapes rather
>   than the swedish characters I'm used to seeing.

It certainly sounds like something's messed up (using the default
settings here, I can magnify the text until a single character occupies
the entire window)...

Does it still happen with emacs -Q?

When you position the cursor on one of the characters (both normal and
"magnified") and use `C-u C-x =', what font does it say it's using?

-Miles

--
In New York, most people don't have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you
have to take the subway to their house.  And sometimes on the way, the train