Re: In CVS Emacs, calc-eval gives multiplication higher precidence than

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: In CVS Emacs, calc-eval gives multiplication higher precidence than division
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 17:48:07 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> Again "a b" is not the same as "a * b", and "ab" is even a lot
> more different (given the lack of even a space, it's hard to argue that
> there could be something that binds more tightly).
> So this argument is irrelevant.  I.e. I agree if Calc gives higher
> precedence to the implicit multiplication operator, but not if it does
> so to the "*" multiplication operator.

Hm but in calc there doesn't seem to be any differentiation between
"implicit" and "explicit" multiplication...  You can enter "a b / c d"
and it is displayed the same (without the *, by default) as if you enter
"a*b / c*d".  I guess it just treats them as different names for the
same thing...

-Miles

--
Twice, adv. Once too often.