Re: Build failure from CVS on OS X

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Build failure from CVS on OS X
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:53:12 -0500

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 11:42:20 -0700 address@hidden (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:

>>>>>> "Clifford" == Clifford Wulfman <address@hidden> writes:
Clifford> I've posted this bug several times to bug-gnu-emacs since August
Clifford> 29th; I assumed everyone was taken up with the 22.3 release. (As I'm
Clifford> not a developer, I hesitated to post directly to emacs-devel; I'll
Clifford> do so in the future.)

RLS> Well, something got fixed, because the build I just did, worked.

Just look in src/ChangeLog.  I made the change; it's probably
insufficient and composition is known to be broken, but at least the
compilation can proceed.

RLS> Now to figure out why my font settings from my 22.1 release don't
RLS> work with 23.x, and how many other things are broken.

I've seen random crashes, but have not been able to track them down.
Keep an eye out for them.

I've also reported a read-passwd bug: you have to use C-m, not RET to
finish input.  RET makes a new line in the minibuffer.  Very confusing
to new users.

Ted