Re: Add Ukrainian G to cyrillic-translit?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Add Ukrainian G to cyrillic-translit?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:34:25 -0500

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:55:59 +0200 Magnus Henoch <address@hidden> wrote:

MH> I noticed that the input method cyrillic-translit doesn't contain the
MH> Ukrainian letter "ghe with upturn", U+0490 and U+0491.

MH> I propose the patch below, which adds "g'" and "G'" for this letter.
MH> This would collide with the existing combination for "ordinary ghe" plus
MH> "soft sign", but this combination never appears in Russian and Ukrainan,
MH> at least.  Would there be any problem for other Cyrillic-using
MH> languages?

MH> Is this ok to commit to trunk and EMACS_22_BASE branch?

In trunk, cyrillic-translit has been modified quite a bit from the
EMACS_22_BASE version, so your patch is not accurate there.  Can you
take a look and compare, to be safe?  I looked and I think your patch
makes sense in both trunk and EMACS_22_BASE.  At least for Bulgarian it
would not be a problem, either (in addition to Russian and Ukrainian as
you mentioned).

Ted