Re[2]: Enhancement suggestion: prin1 extension mechanism

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re[2]: Enhancement suggestion: prin1 extension mechanism
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:47:21 -0400

>>> "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> seems to think that:
>I have two questions:
>
>* Why have cedet-edebug-prin1-to-string
>construct a function definition rather than
>scan the list cedet-edebug-prin1-extensions directly?

I wrote that a long time ago, and don't remember why I chose that.  It
was likely to make it faster by embedding everything into a cond
statement, though I didn't do any profiling.

>* Would it make sense to define the conditions in a more structured
>(and thus, less general and more predictable) way?
>For instance, could it fit naturally into the way EIEIO defines a class?

All of EIEIO is supported by a single addition to this feature.  I
also use it for other data structures that are not EIEIO classes.

Eric