Re: poor handling of multiple C-g with multi-tty (apparent hangs)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: poor handling of multiple C-g with multi-tty (apparent hangs)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:00:19 -0400

> This was never checked in, even though it is strictly an improvement to the
> current situation (see my original email for why I believe this is an
> improvement to emacs users as a whole).  Are you still working on refining
> it or would you mind checking it in as it is?

I think your patch is going in the right direction but isn't quite
right either.  What we should check is whether the currently active
terminal is the "controlling terminal" from which Emacs was started.

An even better fix would be that if the seletected terminal is another
tty, we should ideally also do something (e.g. pass a "suspend" message
to the emacsclient).

Basically, we want to do the suspend, but only if the selected terminal
is an output_termcap, and then we want to make sure that we suspend the
process associated with this terminal (either the main Emacs process or
one of the emacsclients).

        Stefan