Re: emacs crash when open some newsgroups with gnus

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: emacs crash when open some newsgroups with gnus
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:17:48 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, "S.P.Tseng" <address@hidden> writes:

> pp is the command of gdb? or it's your alias. Anyway, i use p instead.

No.  It's defined in emacs/src/.gdbinit.  Excerpt from etc/DEBUG:

** When you debug Emacs with GDB, you should start it in the directory
where the executable was made.  That directory has a .gdbinit file
that defines various "user-defined" commands for debugging Emacs.
(These commands are described below under "Examining Lisp object
values" and "Debugging Emacs Redisplay problems".)

Ummm.  You wrote:
> But visited "cn.bbs.comp.emacs" from "new.cn99.com" can reproduce the crash.

So, I did this (assuming that "from new.cn99.com" means
using news.cn99.com as the nntp server):

ESC : (define-coding-system-alias 'gbk 'gb2312)
ESC : (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.cn99.com"))
M-x gnus RET

and visited "cn.bbs.comp.emacs".  But, my Emacs doesn't crash.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden