set-quit-char

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: set-quit-char
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:25:57 +0300

This function modifies quit_char, but it will have no visible effect
on typing the quit-char when Emacs waits for input, because the old
keybinding of C-g is still in effect.  For full effect of replacing
C-g with the new quit-char, one needs also to unbind C-g and bind the
new quit-char to keyboard-quit.

Should we do that automatically, as part of set-quit-char?  If not, at
least a message to that effect should be displayed, I think, since the
intricacies of handling C-g, even though they are described in the
ELisp manual, are IMO too much for Joe Random Lisp Hacker to grasp.