Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:33:37 -0400

> So the order of running the hooks is

>    childs local mode hook
>      which also include running childs global hook (at the `t')
>    parents' mode hooks

No.  Without the delay-mode-hooks thingy, the way it works is:

   <parent-mode code>;
   <parent-mode hook, which also includes global ones>;
   <child-mode code>;
   <child-mode hook, which also includes global ones>;

while the delay-mode-hooks trick changes it to:

   <parent-mode code>;
   <child-mode code>;
   <parent-mode hook, which also includes global ones>;
   <child-mode hook, which also includes global ones>;

> If this is correct then I think that adding the call to
> mumamo-restore-most-buffer-locals first in the childs local mode hook
> would be the best.

It sounds like you want it first in the parent's mode hook.

        Stefan