Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:42:36 +0200

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Paul R <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:55:44 +0200, address@hidden said:
> tomas> [snip]                      I probably wouldn't like to have
> tomas> the whole XML/HTML kaboodle in that as well *unless I needed
> tomas> it*.
>
> I guess it would not be triggered unless the point is inside an XML
> region. IOW, you would not see the whole XML kaboodle unless you
> actually need it. Lennart, can you confirm ?

Thanks for asking, Paul. Actually I did a load a bit more than I think
is necessary for cases like files consisting of just PHP code and no
XHTML code. I just removed it. I don't think it is needed any more.

The heavy things should be autoloaded. Possibly I missed something. If
you find out please tell me.

When it comes to editing a PHP file there is actually three possibilities

1) Just using php-mode from php-mode.el.
2) html-mumamo-mode, which is 1 + mumamo + html-mode.
3) nxhtml-mumamo-mode, which is 1 + mumamo + nxhtml-mode

Number 2 here may perhaps be a good choice for those that does not
care about completion and validation in the XHTML parts. It is
possibly a bit smaller than 3 since html-mode is smaller than
nxhtml-mode (at least that is what I believe). And of course a little
bit less complicated since it does not offer the more accurate
completion in the XHTML parts that nxml-mode (nxhtml-mode) offers.

Personally I think 3 is the best, but then I of course knows about the
complexities.

(Note that the multi major mode names are not the ones used in the
released version of nXhtml.)