Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:45:37 -0400

    >     - Buffer local variables that should never survive moving between
chunks
    >     with different major modes.

    > I doubt that the first behavior is needed, except for a few variables
    > used specially in the implementation of mumamo.  Mumamo can easily
    > implement that behavior for those few variables.

    Maybe it would be meaningful for a parser that is supporting completion
    in the chunk?

I don't understand what that means.  Would you please be more
specific?

Anyway, it sounds like something very specialized and very closely
related to mumamo.  It would be easy enough to add a special feature
to do this, if and when it is really wanted.

Which means that, for now, we can forget about this.