Are we in feature-freeze?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Are we in feature-freeze?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 11:48:15 +0300

Emacs 23 is in feature-freeze, right?  Or was it lifted?

(And while at that: what are the current estimations of Emacs 23
release date or the beginning of its pretest cycle?)

I see new features being committed to the trunk and plans of extending
these features being discussed, so I thought I'd ask: is it okay to
add new features at this time, and if so, which features can be added?

For example, I have a working version of getloadavg for MS-Windows,
which would allow "M-x display-time" to show the load in the mode line
when Emacs runs on Windows.  Is it okay to commit changes to do that
now?