Re: CVS HEAD still broken for OSX

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD still broken for OSX
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:52:09 +0000 (UTC)

Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn <at> stonehenge.com> writes:

>    Copying etc/DOC-23.0.60.2 to
> /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-
CVS/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/share/emacs/23.0.60/etc ...

> is broken, because there is no Resources/share in my app folder.
>
> Thus, I'm still forced to say "make bootstrap install" and not "make all
> install".  Otherwise, I get a DOC-23.0.60.2 "not found" on start up.  Oops.
>
> Could some Smart Person please look at this and fix it (again?)?

Hi,

I can't replicate it here.  Resources/share should be made by the
install-arch-indep process and would include all the lisp and
some other things besides just etc/DOC-*.
Could you post full details about your  configure invocation,
what cleanup steps you do before (make maintainer-clean, etc.),
and whether you have  any env variables set that might affect
emacs build or install?

Also, what is the history of the error -- from what you say
you got it before, then someone fixed it, now it has reappeared?

thanks,
Adrian