Re: Are we in feature-freeze?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Are we in feature-freeze?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 01:13:20 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Is FOR-RELEASE supposed to be the definitive list of things to be
> fixed before the release, or are there some alternative methods
> available now that we use a bug tracker?

The items in FOR-RELEASE are not indicative of anything right now, so
please ignore them.  I am relying on the bug tracker, specifically the
bug count as an indicator of how close we are to the pretest.

When we get closer to the pretest, we'll probably begin tagging some
bugs as high severity in the bug tracker, to indicate that they have to
be solved for the release.  But for now, everyone should just try to fix
whatever they can see in the bug tracker.