Re: extraneous characters in term window

From: Jim Blandy
Subject: Re: extraneous characters in term window
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 08:39:53 -0700

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 7:53 AM, John covici <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi.  I am  using 23.0.60.1 and I have a function which runs lynx in a
> term window -- using a text console.  It generally works, but  I get
> some extraneous characters at random places in the window.  I don't
> know of a way to show this, but has anyone seen such a thing?

If the extraneous characters are from the former contents of the
screen at that point, then it seems similar to what I reported here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-09/msg00543.html

I still haven't been able to find a reliable method to reproduce this.
 I'm not sure yet whether Kenichi's suggestion regarding
auto-composition-mode will make a difference.