Re: popup-menu with keyboard menu

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: popup-menu with keyboard menu
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:31:55 -0400

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Stephen Leake wrote:
>
>> The bug was in popup-menu, not x-popup-menu; the fix was to rely on
>> x-popup-menu to do the right thing.
>
> But popup-menu does not use `position' for anything, it just passes it
> to x-popup-menu. So I don't so how you can get an error from a bad
> position element in popup-menu itself.

'position' is passed to x-popup-menu; it was x-popup-menu that was
raising the error.

The problem is that when the mouse is outside the window, 'position'
would have nil in it for the actual position. Then x-popup-window
would try to convert that to an integer.

But since it's not failing with emacs -Q, I must have something that's
redefining mouse-position and returning incorrect results, that
x-popup-menu is then getting confused by.

--
-- Stephe