Re: Daemon mode wishlist

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Daemon mode wishlist
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:05:07 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> All of these new features will have to wait.  The only thing we
> should do at this stage is move the (server-start) to after
> processing .emacs and --eval.

Unfortunately this causes a problem if .emacs prompts the user for
something, as `desktop-read' does if a stale lock exists for the
desktop file.  It calls `y-or-n-p' but the user cannot see nor
answer the question because there is no initial frame, and the
server is not yet started. :(

Any suggestions on how we should handle this?  Should desktop.el be
changed to not prompt?