Re: Frame size changes

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Frame size changes
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 17:11:38 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> If all you need is a flag saying that Emacs is being initialized, why
> does it have to bear the value of current-time? why not just some
> simple predicate?  What am I missing?

before-init-time and after-init-time have already been introduced in
Emacs 23; see NEWS.  The former is used for the new function
emacs-uptime, the latter I'm unsure about.

Since these variables already exist, my feeling is that it's better to
use them rather than to come up with a new flag saying that Emacs is
being initialized.