Re: Frame size changes

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Frame size changes
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:16:43 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Don't know about "out there" but the Emacs I use most of the time has
> exactly such a change.  E.g. All the messages from the .emacs appear
> on stdout.

Can you post your patch?

Also, can anyone remember the reasons why such a change was originally
rejected when proposed during Emacs 21 development?

The only issues I remember were:

  (1) It might make it harder to debug problems while reading .emacs
      (maybe best handled by having --debug-init map the initial frame
      earlier)

  (2) Objections that people might use interactive forms in .emacs, but
      this seems pretty far-fetched to me

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Congratulation, n. The civility of envy.