Re: Asynchronous events in Carbon or Cocoa Emacs (macosx)

From: Lloyd Zusman
Subject: Re: Asynchronous events in Carbon or Cocoa Emacs (macosx)
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 04:04:04 +0000 (UTC)

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <mituharu <at> math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp> writes:

> > [ ... ]
> >
> > In other words, if I am trapping [sigusr1] as described above and
> > send a USR1 signal to the process, nothing happens until after I
> > click in the Emacs window with the mouse or perform some sort of
> > keyboard interaction with it, at which time the [sigusr1] events
> > that have accumulated all get processed, one after the other.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> That's a known limitation in the `select' emulation of the Carbon
> port, and I mentioned that when I updated the platform-independent
> part of user-signal handling code to the current form:
>
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-12/msg00443.html
>
> I have some experimental code to remedy this limitation, but it's not
> tested that much.
>
>                                    YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
>                               mituharu <at> math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp

Thank you very much.

I do remember reading that post, but I confess that at the time, I
didn't understand the significance of it regarding the issue that I
reported here.

I'll get a hold of the Carbon Emacs source code and play with this
patch. Once I have some results, I'll post them here.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 address@hidden