Re: Problem building emacs from CVS under MSWindow due to CR/LF and adds

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: Problem building emacs from CVS under MSWindow due to CR/LF and addsection
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:09:46 +0200

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry for the delay in answering.

So...

Actually, this $foo$ instead of foo$ does not seem to prevent building.
What really prevents building is the mixture of Unix and Dos end of line
in the makefile produced by configure.bat.

Replacing `$foo$' by `foo$' does not solve the issue which I am in.

In the attachment I have put this makefile, as you can see there is a
mixture of DOS and Unix style EOL. When I build with `makefile' the
build fails very soon. Now I edited `makefile' into
`makefile.woextractrlm' to remove all extra CTRL-M and I tried to build
with `-f makefile.woextractrlm' option.

It went quite further, but still it failed for a similar problem, in the
file uni-bidi.el the Local Variable section has some CTRL-M at end of
line, and this cause a load error. I included in the attached file a
file temp.el examplifying the problem.

Maybe configure.bat could be fixed by testing if sed is present on the
machine, and by filtering all the problematic files
by some `sed s/\r$//g' command.

I am wondering whether the issue with Local Variable is a bug by itself ?

Regards,
Vincent.

Eli Zaretskii a écrit :
>> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:13:37 +0200
>> From: "Juanma Barranquero"
>> Cc: emacs-devel
>>
>> A few years ago, last I tested it, the only reason that 4NT/TCC failed
>> the build process is one line in nt/configure.bat:
>>
>> if not "%$foo$%" == "123456789_123456789_123456789_123456789_123"
>> goto SmallEnv
>>
>> because 4NT expands %$ (is an internal variable, like %1, etc.) so the
>> comparison is always false. If $foo$ were called foo$ 4NT would have
>> no trouble at all.
>>
>> I mentioned that back then, but the idea of changing one character to
>> cater to non-free software was ill-received, IIRC.
>>

> If you can test the change with current versions of 4NT, I don't mind
> the change.

Téléphonez gratuitement à tous vos proches avec Windows Live Messenger  !  Téléchargez-le maintenant !