Re: The latest lisp/faces.el changes seem to break color-themes again

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: The latest lisp/faces.el changes seem to break color-themes again
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 00:55:37 +0200

Chong Yidong wrote:
> Could someone try to debug what color-theme does that now breaks?

I do not know about color-theme, but I just noticed that the
htmlfontify.el I distribute with nXhtml is broken too and I guess it is
the same problem. htmlfontify.el should be included in Emacs, but that
seems to have stalled somewhere.

I get an error when I try to use htmlfontify-buffer on
list-colors-display output. I think the problem is that the format of
the data that hfy-get-face-at recieves, but I do not remember how it
looked before. Here is how the function look right now:

(defun hfy-get-face-at (pos)
  (if (or (not show-trailing-whitespace)
          (not (get-text-property pos 'hfy-show-trailing-whitespace)))
      (get-text-property pos 'face)
    (list 'trailing-whitespace (get-text-property pos 'face))))

In the buffer I mentioned above get-text-property will now return things
like

  (:background "snow")

There was some discussions before about removing old style face data,
but I do not remember that either, maybe Richard does.