Re: vc-git-show-log-entry

From: Karl Chen
Subject: Re: vc-git-show-log-entry
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:20:37 -0700

    Dan> Karl Chen <address@hidden> writes:
    >> visiting a git-versioned file, when I do `vc-print-log',
    >> point always moves to the end of the buffer instead of the
    >> beginning.

    Dan> It's hard to say what problem you are trying to report.

    Dan> Can you please try again with a step by step description
    Dan> of what you are doing, what are the results you are
    Dan> getting and what are the expected results. Please start
    Dan> from emacs -Q Please use emacs from CVS HEAD.  It's
    Dan> unlikely that another release will be made from the 22.x
    Dan> branch.

git init
date > f1 ; git add *; git commit -m commit1
date >> f1 ; git add *; git commit -m commit2
emacs -Q f1
C-x C-v l

; point moves to the end of the *vc-change-log* buffer instead of
; the beginning.

As I said, if you undo the latest commit to vc-git.el, that fixes
it, but I suggest this replacement altogether.

    (defun vc-git-show-log-entry (rev)
      (log-view-goto-rev (vc-git-rev-parse rev)))