Re: A crash in a gnus group with indic script in content and headers

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: A crash in a gnus group with indic script in content and headers
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:38:08 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Manoj Srivastava <address@hidden> writes:

>         I think the font name is not in font, that seems to be an
>  integer. I have left the gdb session running, in case you want me to
>  try something else.

Did you start gdb in the C source directory of Emacs?

--- from etc/DEBUG ---
** When you debug Emacs with GDB, you should start it in the directory
where the executable was made.  That directory has a .gdbinit file
that defines various "user-defined" commands for debugging Emacs.
(These commands are described below under "Examining Lisp object
values" and "Debugging Emacs Redisplay problems".)

In .gdbinit, the command "pr" is defined to print Lispy value.

By the way,

> (gdb) print font
> $5 = 38342148
> (gdb) ptype font
> type = long int

Ummm, you are using 64-bit system, right?  I suspect the
problem is here.  Perhaps some of font handling code of
Emacs (or libotf) has a bug for 64-bit system.

I currently can not use 64-bit machine.  Can you test Emacs
on 32-bit machine?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden