Re: Files that begin with a period

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Files that begin with a period
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:25:40 +0200

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 20:29, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please install your locate-user-data-path function, except "path" should
> be changed to "file" and "data" might need to be changed to "emacs"

Done.

I've also changed simple uses of `user-emacs-directory'.

There are a few cases where it would be useful too, but I haven't
changed them because of the freeze.

 - cmuscheme.el: `scheme-start-file'

 - shell.el: `shell'

 - tutorial.el: I've used the new function in `tutorial--saved-dir',
but the right thing would be to get rid of this function altogether,
and simplify `tutorial--saved-file', `tutorial--save-tutorial',
`tutorial--save-tutorial-to', etc.

 - erc: `erc-user-emacs-directory' would be unnecessary, but there are
compatibility issues if erc is also maintained outside of the Emacs
CVS.

 - tramp-cache.el: `tramp-persistency-file-name' could be simplified,
but there's the same issue as with erc

 - term/x-win.el: `emacs-session-filename' would be a two-liner:

  (let ((basename (concat "session." session-id)))
    (locate-user-emacs-file basename (concat ".emacs-" basename)))

  but I cannot test the change.

      Juanma