delete-char and composed characters

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: delete-char and composed characters
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:29:02 +0200

It looks like C-f and C-b move by composed character positions on the
screen, but DEL and C-d delete individual characters (i.e. a single
Unicode codepoint).

For example, after typing "C-h H", go to the parenthesized text in the
Bengali line and hit C-d.  You will see that you need to type C-d 5
times to delete the entire text in parentheses, but C-f traverses it
in only 2 keystrokes.

Do we have a single-codepoint variant of C-f and C-b?  If not, should
we?  I think we should, because without them, there's no simple way of
deleting or editing just one codepoint in the middle of a composition.

Or did I miss something?