Re: window-body-height vs window-text-height

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: window-body-height vs window-text-height
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:11:50 +0900

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:
> Can someone tell me the difference between `window-body-height' and
> `window-text-height'?  It seems a bit confusing having two function do
> more or less the same thing - but maybe the partial-height lines make
> the difference.

If there is a partial line at the bottom of the window,
window-text-height rounds down, and window-body-height rounds up.
If there are no fractional lines, both return the same value.

[In both cases, the number of lines assumes the default face -- neither
measures what's actually displayed.]

-Miles

--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research