Re: Emacs 21/22: french ç and œ

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Emacs 21/22: french ç and œ
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:35:04 +0100

   >>> Not sure what's going on with it, but œ was somehow left out from
   >>> latin-1 (although it did make it into latin-9, aka "latin-1 with euro
   >>> sign").  So all places where it causes problems were probably written
   >>> back in the latin-1 days.

   >> So do you agree to include it in french-postfix/prefix?

   > Of course.

What do you think of even have the following in the quail rules?
 ("/o" ?œ)                              ; clash with ø, but æ uses /

I am not sure whether in french oe always should be represented by the
symbol œ? In any case a patch is trivial.

A simple diff against the old file is ok? Or are some parameters needed
for the diff? Where shall I send this "patch"

Uwe