Re: vc-register complains if a file is already registered in a git repos

From: Phil Hagelberg
Subject: Re: vc-register complains if a file is already registered in a git repository
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:24:21 -0700

Phil Hagelberg <address@hidden> writes:

>> I've added the vc-git-register-changes command to vc-git-extra-menu-map
>> and will start work on creating extra-keys functionality that works like
>> extra-menu.
>
> OK, here's the cumulative patch for both features.

Disregard that patch; it runs the append-extra-keys invocation at load
time, not when the vc-prefix-map is invoked.

It's really unclear due to the way prefix maps work how you can append
something to the map when it is invoked. For the menu maps it looks like
there are filter functions that are meant to do that, but it I can't
find any way to do this for prefix keymaps.

I suspect it would be much more straightforward if vc-register-changes
were simply a top-level vc command that most backends simply didn't
implement.

-Phil