Re: emacsclient on WXP does not work (as it used to)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: emacsclient on WXP does not work (as it used to)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:27:21 +0100

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 15:22, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:

> You'll open the door to complexity and race conditions for little gain IMHO.

That said, in my .emacs I have code in server-hook to check whether an
authentication file already exists, and if so, whether the PID stored
there is the same as the one for the Emacs instance that is doing the
check. So what I do is refusing to start a server if another one with
the same `server-name' is still running (more or less).

  Juanma