Re: emacsclient on WXP does not work (as it used to)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacsclient on WXP does not work (as it used to)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:44:18 +0200

> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:14:42 +0100
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 15:13, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > This was for bug#1267.
> >
> > The goal was to pass the tty to the Emacs server even if we're supposed
> > to use the current frame, because in daemon mode, if the "current frame"
> > is the fake daemon frame, we wan to be able to fall back on using that
> > tty.
>
> Yes, but that should be conditional on Windows, where tty is (I think) not
> used.

What will happen if we provide an emulation of `ttyname' for Windows,
which would just return something like "CONOUT$"?  Since daemon mode
is not used on Windows, I think the tty name should never be used by
server.el on Windows.

Can you try this and see if it works?  If it does, then we can fix
this problem much cleaner, and even remove an existing ifndef.